DairyCo Business Groups
DairyCo Business Groups are discussion groups, designed to tackle and resolve many of the common issues from milk production.
Every group that is formed comes together with a common link between the members. For most of the groups this means that they all supply milk to the same co-op or processor, or have common farming systems or feeding systems.
Each group is facilitated by a DairyCo extension officer with specialist training to help farmers get the most out of the meetings.
The groups meet four or eight times a year - normally in the middle of the day to fit in with milking.
DairyCo Dairy Business Groups are already helping hundreds of dairy farmers to save money:
- £10,000s saved by electricity contract changes
- At least 50 bore holes drilled/researched
- £1120 saved per farm through better slurry management
- Increase in milk price obtained through milk produced closer to contract between 0.5ppl and 1ppl
- Reduction in mastitis through improved cubicle management
- £1000s per farm saved through improved milk quality
- Comparison of silage producing costs justifying use of contractors
- Increased profits through better grass and forage management
If you want to know more about joining your local DairyCo Business Group, please contact your extension officer.