- About DairyCo
- Market Information
- Research & Development
- Consumer Communication
- All things dairy
Breeding & Genetics
- Breeding briefs
- Breeding+ Farm Improvement Folder
- Your guide to genomic evaluation
- PLI leaflet
- Breeding+ Section 1 Improving through breeding
- Breeding+ Section 2 Assessing the tools
- Breeding+ Section 3 Planning your approach
- Breeding+ Section 4 Selecting your sires
- Breeding+ Section 6 Breeding your cows and heifers
- Breeding+ Section 5 Managing your semen
- Breeding+ Section 7 Making the most of specialist strategies
- Breeding+ Section 8 Valuing modern breeding techniques
- Heifer rearing calculator CD
- Genomics, Genomic Evaluations or Genomic Selection. What and Why?
- Reliability of genetic indices explained. What and Why
- Top 20 holstein bulls ranked on PLI 2011
- Herd genetic report
- Top 5 Bulls for non holstein breeds 2011
- Business Management
- Grass Management
- Health & Welfare
- DairyCo Healthy Feet Programme
- Monitor farm reports
- People Management
- DairyCo Mastitis Control Plan
- Climate Change
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
Breeding+ Section 8 Valuing modern breeding techniques
Published 2 July 12
The Breeding+ programme is your key to raising your herd's profitability through a strategic approach to breeding your cows.
The sheer pace of molecular genetics development is opening up an exciting new world of opportunities for improvement through breeding.
In place of indirect estimates of genetic value obtained through performance testing, genomics is permitting direct measurements of the genetic makeup of individual animals to be made through DNA testing.
You are able to download the content of section 8 of the Breeding+ programme. The full programme is available via post from this link.