- About DairyCo
- Market Information
- Research & Development
- Consumer Communication
- All things dairy
Breeding & Genetics
- Breeding briefs
- Breeding+ Farm Improvement Folder
- Your guide to genomic evaluation
- PLI leaflet
- Breeding+ Section 1 Improving through breeding
- Breeding+ Section 2 Assessing the tools
- Breeding+ Section 3 Planning your approach
- Breeding+ Section 4 Selecting your sires
- Breeding+ Section 6 Breeding your cows and heifers
- Breeding+ Section 5 Managing your semen
- Breeding+ Section 7 Making the most of specialist strategies
- Breeding+ Section 8 Valuing modern breeding techniques
- Heifer rearing calculator CD
- Genomics, Genomic Evaluations or Genomic Selection. What and Why?
- Reliability of genetic indices explained. What and Why
- Top 20 holstein bulls ranked on PLI 2011
- Herd genetic report
- Top 5 Bulls for non holstein breeds 2011
- Business Management
- Grass Management
- Health & Welfare
- DairyCo Healthy Feet Programme
- Monitor farm reports
- People Management
- DairyCo Mastitis Control Plan
- Climate Change
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
Breeding+ Section 2 Assessing the tools
Published 2 July 12
The Breeding+ programme is your key to raising your herd's profitability through a strategic approach to breeding your cows.
Successful breeding programmes do not require a detailed knowledge of animal genetics.
A broad understanding of the way genetic merit is assessed and expressed in modern dairy breeding, however, is essential for anyone wishing to utilise the large amount of information available as reliably and cost-effectively as possible.
You are able to download the content of section 2 of the Breeding+ programme. The full programme is available via post from this link.