- About DairyCo
- Market Information
Research & Development
- Health & Welfare
- Business Management
- New Opportunities for Forage Species
- Dairy Housing 2012
- Muscling on Holsteins
- Lupins in sustainable agriculture
- Forage processing for milk production
- Vasectomised bulls
- Forage brassica for outwintering stock
- Endocrine management of bovine infertility
- Review on calving pattern management
- A study into milking machine automation
- Consumer Communication
- Technical Information
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
Vasectomised Bulls as an Aid to Heat Detection.
Published 2 December 09
Download this report by clicking below
The use of a vasectomised bull has been shown to have a positive effect on reproductive performance due to improvement in submission rates.
Adoption of this practice by UK dairy farmers involves minimal outlay, or change in daily routines. The demonstrated benefits far outweigh the potential risks. The report includes farmer recommendations for the use of a vasectomised bull...