- News Articles
- Technical Articles
- Press Releases
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- Cattle purchasing checks made easier
- DairyCo takes a Byte to make science more accessible to dairy farmers
- Refreshing grassland management help
- Grassland UK: Top tips and new publications at the DairyCo and BGS stand
- More support for dairy farmers in the south midlands
- Grassland UK: Top tips and new publications at the DairyCo and BGS stand (1)
- ‘New era for Holstein breeding’ hailed as DairyCo launches April bull proofs
- Stability at top of other breeds’ rankings
- Grazing a profit driver
- Make good breeding decisions now to build a successful herd for the future
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
Grassland UK: Top tips and new publications at the DairyCo and BGS stand
Published 28 April 09
Grassland UK: Top tips and new publications at the DairyCo and BGS stand Silage sampling information, grassland management tips and hot off the press the new 2009 Herbage Varieties Guide will all be available on the DairyCo stand with the British Grassland Society (BGS) at Grassland UK.
There will also be the opportunity to see and order DairyCo's newly updated grass+ programme, fully revised to include topics on cow tracks, grass budgeting and winter management, as well as the chance to discuss practical grassland management issues with DairyCo's extension officers. Members of the DairyCo board will also be present to answer any questions you may have about DairyCo.
As well as the new Herbage Varieties Guide, which is the NIAB Recommended Grass and Clover lists farmer booklet, visitors to the stand can pick up a free copy of the latest BGS Grass and Forage Farmer magazine.
The stand will be alongside the BGS and DairyCo seminar stage where you can hear a full line up of speakers covering topics including improving profits from grazing, silage and manure management, and advice for those in Nitrate Vulnerable Zones.
Date 27 April 2009
For further information:
N: Helen Bond
T: 01285 646544
Notes for Editors:
DairyCo is a division of the statutory levy board, the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB).
DairyCo's current focus is on improving the profitability of dairy farming by focusing on four specific areas:
- Provision of high quality market information to help farmers and their representatives make the most of dairy markets and opportunities.
- Helping dairy farmers increase their profits while meeting regulatory and environmental requirements - through the provision of world class research programmes and practical on-farm tools and services
- Helping promote the positive perception of dairy farming with the general public.
- The development of DairyCo activities towards a self-sustaining model.
DairyCo is funded entirely by milk producers, via a statutory levy on all milk sold off-farm, at the rate of 0.06p per litre. This provides an annual income of around 6.5m.