- News Articles
- Technical Articles
- Active Kids Get Cooking Special Challenge 2008
- Open Farm Sunday – (Sun 1/6/2008)
- Breakfast clubs are on the menu at The Education Show
- The Hidden Loss - Bad Ventilation
- The Royal Show
- National School Sport Week
- Enjoy One of Your 3-A-Day of Dairy in Your Lunchbox. National Lunchbox Week is the 1-5 September
- Breakfast – No fuel, No fire!
- Summer Cooking
- Changes to the EU School Milk Scheme in England
- Is your breakfast club simply the best?
- Get on your bike to a healthier lifestyle at the Royal Highland Show
- World School Milk Day
- Press Releases
- Press Archive
Changes to the EU School Milk Scheme in England
Published 1 August 08
From 1 August, all secondary schools will be eligible to participate in the EU School Milk Scheme, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) announced today.
In England, the EU subsidy will be offered to parents on plain and flavoured milk and plain yoghurt in both primary and secondary schools.
The Government will also top up the EU subsidy which is paid to claimants in English primary schools. The top up will not be offered to claimants in secondary schools at this stage.
Defra will carry out a consultation in the autumn about the range of products offered as part of the scheme in future and on options for the national top up in England.
Further information is available here.